Hug the Shore
(To). In the case of a ship, to keep as close to the shore as
is compatible with the vessel's safety, when at sea. “Serrer la terre.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hug the Shore from Infoplease:
- Hug the Shore - Hug the Shore (To). In the case of a ship, to keep as close to the shore as is compatible with the ...
- hug: meaning and definitions - hug: Definition and Pronunciation
- John Updike - Biography of John Updike, The author of the 1960 novel Rabbit, Run
- John Updike - Updike, John Updike, John, 1932–, American author, b. Shillington, Pa., grad. Harvard, 1954. ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: H - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "H"