or Hill-folk. A class of beings in Scandinavian
tradition between the elves and the human race. They are supposed to
dwell in caves and small hills, and are bent on receiving the benefits
of man's redemption.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hill-people from Infoplease:
- Hill-people - Hill-people or Hill-folk. A class of beings in Scandinavian tradition between the elves and the ...
- Pahari: meaning and definitions - Pahari: Definition and Pronunciation
- Max Hunter - Max Hunter Age: 78 folklorist who gathered thousands of traditional songs and proverbs unique to ...
- Florence Wilkinson: The Heart's Country - Hill people turn to their hills; Sea-folk are sick for the sea: Thou art my land and my country, And my heart calls out for thee.
- Meghalaya - Meghalaya Meghalaya , state (2001 provisional pop. 2,306,069), c.8,700 sq mi (22,530 sq km), NE ...