That age of a nation which comes between the purely mythical
period and the historic. This is the age when the sons of the gods take
unto themselves the daughters of men, and the offspring partake of the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Heroic Age from Infoplease:
- heroic age: meaning and definitions - heroic age: Definition and Pronunciation
- Heroic Age - Heroic Age That age of a nation which comes between the purely mythical period and the historic. ...
- Widsith - Widsith Widsith , 7th-century Anglo-Saxon poem found in the Exeter Book. It is an account of the ...
- John Marshall: Bibliography - Bibliography See biographies by A. J. Beveridge (4 vol. 1916–19), L. Baker (1981), and F. N. ...
- Hesiod - Hesiod Hesiod , fl. 8th cent.? B.C., Greek poet. He is thought to have lived later than Homer, but ...