in the satire of Absalom and Achitophel, in the first
part stands for Holland, but in the second part for Scotland. Hebronite
(3 syl.), a native of Holland or Scotland.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hebron from Infoplease:
- Hebron - Hebron Hebron, city (2003 est. pop. 155,000), the West Bank, called Al-Khalil in modern Arabic. ...
- Hebron: meaning and definitions - Hebron: Definition and Pronunciation
- January 1997 - January 1997 1997 News Month-By-Month World Two Sentenced to Death in Rwanda Massacre (Jan. 3): ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/hebron - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Hebron - Hebron in the satire of Absalom and Achitophel, in the first part stands for Holland, but in the ...