One course in a race; activity, action.
Feigned Zeal, you saw, set out with speedier pace.
But the last heat Plain Dealing won the race.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Heat from Infoplease:
- heated: meaning and definitions - heated: Definition and Pronunciation
- heat: meaning and definitions - heat: Definition and Pronunciation
- heat - heat heat, nonmechanical energy in transit, associated with differences in temperature between a ...
- latent heat - latent heat latent heat, heat change associated with a change of state or phase (see states of ...
- specific heat - specific heat specific heat, ratio of the heat capacity of a substance to the heat capacity of a ...