Not in love; the affections not given to another.
“I in love? ... I give you my word I am heartwhole,” —Sir W. Scott: Redgauntlet (letter 13).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Heart-whole from Infoplease:
- heart-whole: meaning and definitions - heart-whole: Definition and Pronunciation
- Heart-whole - Heart-whole Not in love; the affections not given to another. “I in love? ... I give you my ...
- Walt Whitman: Song of the Open Road, Part 6 - Now if a thousand perfect men were to appear it would not amaze me, Now if a thousand beautiful forms of women appear'd it would not astonish me.
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index has Hasa Hasan Hasanlu has-been Hasbrouck Heights Hasdrubal Hasek hasenpfeffer ...
- HEALTH - Many factors play a part in keeping your body and mind in good health. These include taking plenty of EXERCISE, eating a healthy DIET, and observing s