(Frank). The laird of Bucklaw, afterwards laird of
Girnington. (Sir Walter Scott: Bride of Lammermoor.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hayston from Infoplease:
- Hayston - Hayston (Frank). The laird of Bucklaw, afterwards laird of Girnington. (Sir Walter Scott: Bride of ...
- Bucklaw - Bucklaw or rather Frank Hayston, lord of Bucklaw, a wealthy nobleman, who marries Lucia di ...
- Ravenswood - Ravenswood (Allan, Lord of). A decayed Scotch nobleman of the Royalist party. Master Edgar ...
- Lucia Di Lammermoor - Lucia Di Lammermoor Called Lucy Ashton by Sir Walter Scott, was the sister of Lord Henry Ashton of ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: H - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "H"