(To). To pass from one person to another in a regular series.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hand Round from Infoplease:
- Hand Round - Hand Round (To). To pass from one person to another in a regular series. Source: Dictionary of ...
- Amy Lowell: The Green Bowl - This little bowl is like a mossy pool In a Spring wood, where dogtooth violets grow Nodding in chequered sunshine of the trees; A quiet place, still,
- Madison Cawein: The Path to the Woods - Its friendship and its carelessness Did lead me many a mile, Through goat's-rue, with its dim caress, And pink and pearl-white smile; Through crowfoot
- Ralph Waldo Emerson: The Problem - I like a church; I like a cowl; I love a prophet of the soul; And on my heart monastic aisles Fall like sweet strains, or pensive smiles Yet not for a
- 2 Kings: 11 - And when Athaliah the mother of Ahaziah saw that…