Hand of Justice
The allusion is to the sceptre or báton anciently used by
kings, which had an ivory hand at the top of it.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hand of Justice from Infoplease:
- Hand of Justice - Hand of Justice The allusion is to the sceptre or báton anciently used by kings, which had ...
- Dark Blue - Starring Kurt Russell, Ving Rhames, Scott Speedman, Master P, Michael Michele
- William Shakespeare: Macbeth, Act I, Scene VII - If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well It were done quickly: if the assassination Could trammel up the consequence, and catch With his surce
- William Shakespeare: Henry IV (Pt 2), Act V, Scene II - How now, my lord chief-justice! whither away?
- Shakespeare Quotes: Tragedies - Shakespeare Quotes: Tragedies Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears William Shakespeare ...