Hampton Court Conference
A conference held at Hampton Court in January, 1604, to settle
the disputes between the Church party and the Puritans. It lasted three
days, and its result was a few slight alterations in the Book of Common
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Hampton Court Conference from Infoplease:
- James I: meaning and definitions - James I: Definition and Pronunciation
- Hampton, part of Greater London, England - Hampton Hampton, since 1965 part of the Greater London outer borough of Richmond upon Thames, SE ...
- James I, king of England - James I James I, 1566–1625, king of England (1603–25) and, as James VI, of Scotland ...
- Hampton Court Conference - Hampton Court Conference Hampton Court Conference and Hampton Court Palace:see under Hampton, ...
- Hampton Court Conference - Hampton Court Conference A conference held at Hampton Court in January, 1604, to settle the ...