(3 syl.). Tennyson's Idyll represents her as loving Sir
Lancelot; but one day, when they were bidding farewell, Modred tracked
them, “and brought his creatures to the basement of the tower for
testimony.” Sir Lancelot hurled the fellow to the ground and got to
horse, and the queen fled to a nunnery at
Almesbury. (See Guinever.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Guinevere from Infoplease:
- Guinevere - Guinevere Director/Writer: Audrey Wells Miramax; 104 minutes; R Release: 9/99 Cast: Sarah Polley, ...
- Guinevere - Guinevere Guinevere , in Arthurian legend, wife of King Arthur. Her illicit and tragic love for Sir ...
- Guinevere - Starring Stephen Rea, Sarah Polley, Jean Smart, Gina Gershon, Jasmine Guy
- Guinevere: meaning and definitions - Guinevere: Definition and Pronunciation
- Guinevere - Guinevere (3 syl.). Tennyson's Idyll represents her as loving Sir Lancelot; but one day, when ...