The first form of the reflecting telescope, invented by James
Gregory, professor of mathematics in the university of St. Andrews.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Gregorian Telescope from Infoplease:
- Gregorian telescope: meaning and definitions - Gregorian telescope: Definition and Pronunciation
- Gregorian Telescope - Gregorian Telescope The first form of the reflecting telescope, invented by James Gregory, ...
- Robert Hooke - Hooke, Robert Hooke, Robert , 1635–1703, English physicist, mathematician, and inventor. He ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Gr. Br. GRE grease greaseball grease cup grease gun grease monkey grease paint ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: G - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "G"