The object of worship in Thibet and Mongolia. The worship in
Thibet and Mongolia. The word lama in the Tangutanese dialect means
“mother of souls.” It is the representative of the Shigemooni, the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Grand Lama from Infoplease:
- Grand Lama: meaning and definitions - Grand Lama: Definition and Pronunciation
- Grand Lama - Grand Lama The object of worship in Thibet and Mongolia. The worship in Thibet and Mongolia. The ...
- Tashi Lumpo - Tashi Lumpo Tashi Lumpo or Tashi Lhümpo[Tibetan,=mount of blessing], lamasery, SE Tibet ...
- Tibetan Buddhism: Tibetan Theocracy - Tibetan Theocracy In the 13th cent. Kublai Khan, after his conversion, bestowed temporal rule upon ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index G.O.P. gopak Gopala gopher gopher ball gopher plant gopher snake Gopher State ...