A charlatan who gave indecent and blasphemous addresses in the “Great Apollo Room,” Adelphi. He sometimes made mesmerism a medium of
pandering to the prurient taste of his audience.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Graham from Infoplease:
- Grahame: meaning and definitions - Grahame: Definition and Pronunciation
- graham: meaning and definitions - graham: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sylvester Graham - Graham, Sylvester Graham, Sylvester, 1794–1851, American reformer and Presbyterian minister, ...
- George Graham - Graham, George Graham, George, 1674?–1751, English instrument maker. A clockmaker by trade, ...
- Kenneth Grahame - Grahame, Kenneth Grahame, Kenneth , 1859–1931, English author. He was a secretary in the Bank ...