A term applied to a silly fellow, a simpleton.
Surprised at all they meet, the gosling pair,
With awkward gait, stretched neck, and silly stare,
Discover huge cathedrals.
Cowper: Progress of Error 379-81.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Gosling from Infoplease:
- gosling: meaning and definitions - gosling: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ryan Gosling - Biography of Ryan Gosling, The young guy from the movie The Notebook
- Gosling - Gosling A term applied to a silly fellow, a simpleton. Surprised at all they meet, the gosling ...
- Goslings - Goslings The catkins of nut-trees, pines, etc. Halliwell says they are so called from their yellow ...
- Murder By Numbers - Murder By Numbers Director: Barbet Schroeder Writer: Tony Gayton Warner Bros. and Caste Rock; R; ...