A churchyard or cemetery.
I like that ancient Saxon phrase, which calls
The burial ground God's Acre.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on God's Acre from Infoplease:
- God's acre: meaning and definitions - God's acre: Definition and Pronunciation
- Witter Bynner: God's Acre - Because we felt there could not be A mowing in reality So white and feathery-blown and gay With blossoms of wild caraway, I said to Celia, "Let us tra
- God's Acre - God's Acre A churchyard or cemetery. I like that ancient Saxon phrase, which calls The burial ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index gm. G-man G.M. and S. GMAT Gmc GMP GMT GMW G.N. gnamma hole gnar gnarl gnarled ...
- Acre - Acre A′cre The word “acre,” Old English, æcer, is akin to the Latin ager ...