(The). What the French call “bonnes dames ” or “
les dames blanches, ” the prototype of the fays; generally
represented as nursing infants on their laps. Some of these statues
made by the Gauls or Gallo-Romans are called “Black Virgins.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Goddess Mothers from Infoplease:
- Goddess Mothers - Goddess Mothers (The). What the French call “bonnes dames ” or “ les dames ...
- mother goddess - mother goddess: mother goddess: see Great Mother Goddess.
- don: meaning and definitions - don: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ancient Greece Quiz: 1 - Ancient Greece Quiz What do you know about Ancient Greece? Read more about the achievements of the ...
- Gaea - Gaea Gaea , in Greek religion and mythology, the earth, daughter of Chaos, both mother and wife of ...