[Home of joy ]. The largest and most magnificent mansion
of the Scandinavian Æsir. It contains twelve seats besides the throne
of Alfader. The great hall of Gladsheim was called “Valhalla.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Gladsheim from Infoplease:
- Gladsheim: meaning and definitions - Gladsheim: Definition and Pronunciation
- Gladsheim - Gladsheim [Home of joy ]. The largest and most magnificent mansion of the Scandinavian Æsir. ...
- Air-throne - Air-throne Odin's throne in Gladsheim. His palace was in Asgard. Source: Dictionary of Phrase ...
- Manheim - Manheim in Scandinavian mythology, is the abode of man. Vanirheim is the abode of the Vanir. ...
- Valhalla - Valhalla in Scandinavian mythology, is the great hall or refectory of Gladsheim, the palace of the ...