was nicknamed “The First Gentleman of Europe,” “Fum the
Fourth,” “Prince Florizel,” “The Adonis of fifty,” and “The Fat Adonis
of fifty.” (See each of these nicknames.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on George IV from Infoplease:
- George IV: meaning and definitions - George IV: Definition and Pronunciation
- George IV, king of Great Britain and Ireland - George IV George IV, 1762–1830, king of Great Britain and Ireland (1820–30), eldest son ...
- King George IV - Biography of King George IV, Crazy King George III's successor to the English throne
- August 12 Birthdays: George IV - August 12 birthdays: George IV, George Hamilton, Erwin Schrödinger, Jacinto Benavente, Mary Roberts Rinehart, Cecil B. De Mille , Katharine Lee Bates, Cantinflas, Pete Sampras, Christy Mathewson
- George IV - George IV was nicknamed “The First Gentleman of Europe,” “Fum the Fourth,” ...