(g hard). (See Adam's Profession.)
Father of landscape gardening.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Gardening from Infoplease:
- garden: meaning and definitions - garden: Definition and Pronunciation
- market gardening - market gardening market gardening, cultivation, on suburban land of high value, of vegetables and ...
- garden - garden garden, land set aside for the cultivation of flowers, herbs, vegetables, or small fruits, ...
- rock garden - rock garden rock garden, garden planned around natural rock formations or rocks artificially ...
- botanical garden - botanical garden botanical garden, public place in which plants are grown both for display and for ...