[a fox ]. A freshman of the first year in the German
University. In the second year he is called a Bursch.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fuchs from Infoplease:
- Fuchs: meaning and definitions - Fuchs: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sir Vivian Fuchs - Sir Vivian Fuchs Age: 91 polar explorer who, in 1957, led the first expedition across Antarctica. A ...
- Sir Vivian Ernest Fuchs - Fuchs, Sir Vivian Ernest Fuchs, Sir Vivian Ernest , 1908–99, English geologist and explorer, ...
- Joseph Fuchs - Joseph Fuchs Age: 97 violinist Widely respected by musicians as well as audiences, Fuchs was known ...
- Klaus Fuchs - Biography of Klaus Fuchs, The physicist who gave secrets to the Soviets in WWII