A backbiter; one who throws stones at another.
“`And what about Diebitsch?' began another frondeur.” —Vera,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Frondeur from Infoplease:
- frondeur: meaning and definitions - frondeur: Definition and Pronunciation
- Frondeur - Frondeur A backbiter; one who throws stones at another. “`And what about Diebitsch?' ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index F.R.G. F.R.G.S. Fri. friable friar friarbird friarly Friar Minor Friar Minor ...
- Fronde - Fronde (1 syl.). A political squabble during the ministry of Cardinal Mazarin, in the minority of ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: F - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "F"