Friends ... Enemies
Our friends the enemy. When, on April 1, 1814, the allied
armies entered Paris, Sir George Jackson tells us he heard a viva
pass along the streets, and the shout “nos amis, nos ennemis.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Friends Enemies from Infoplease:
- Friends ... Enemies - Friends ... Enemies Our friends the enemy. When, on April 1, 1814, the allied armies entered Paris, ...
- Man of the Year (2003) - Starring John Ritter, Jade Carter, Adria Dawn, Annie Sorell, Heidi Mark
- William Shakespeare: Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene III - I dreamt to-night that I did feast with Caesar, And things unlucky charge my fantasy: I have no will to wander forth of doors, Yet something leads me
- Road to Perdition - Starring Tom Hanks, Paul Newman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Jude Law, Stanley Tucci
- privateering - privateering privateering, former usage of war permitting privately owned and operated war vessels ...