Son of Niörd, the Van. He was the Scandinavian god of fertility and
peace, and the dispenser of rain. Frey was the patron god of Sweden and
Iceland, he rode on the boar Gullinbursti, and his sword was
self-acting. (See Gerda.)
Niörd was not of the Æsir. He, with his son and daughter, presided
over the sea, the clouds, the air, and water generally. They belonged
to the Vanir.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Frey from Infoplease:
- Frey: meaning and definitions - Frey: Definition and Pronunciation
- Frey - Frey Frey , Norse god. He was a beneficent deity associated with the fertilizing powers of the sun ...
- Louis FREY, Jr. - Louis FREY, Jr. (1934-Â ) FREY, Louis, Jr., a Representative from Florida; born in ...
- Oliver Walter FREY - Oliver Walter FREY (1887-1939) FREY, Oliver Walter, a Representative from Pennsylvania; born near ...
- Frey - Frey Son of Niörd, the Van. He was the Scandinavian god of fertility and peace, and the ...