A name given by the Turks, Greeks, and Arabs to any of the
inhabitants of the western parts of Europe, as the English, Italians,
Germans, Spaniards, French, etc.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Frank from Infoplease:
- frank: meaning and definitions - frank: Definition and Pronunciation
- Tenney Frank - Frank, Tenney Frank, Tenney, 1876–1939, American historian, b. Clay Center, Kans. After 1919 ...
- Leonhard Frank - Frank, Leonhard Frank, Leonhard , 1882–1961, German expressionist writer. He gained acclaim ...
- Glenn Frank - Frank, Glenn Frank, Glenn, 1887–1940, American editor and educator, b. Queen City, Mo., grad. ...
- Bruno Frank - Frank, Bruno Frank, Bruno , 1887–1945, German novelist and dramatist. His popular works ...