Brother or Sister. One brought up by the same nurse.
A foster-child is one brought up by those who are not its
real parents. (Saxon, fostrian, Danish fostrer, to
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Foster from Infoplease:
- foster: meaning and definitions - foster: Definition and Pronunciation
- Jodie Foster - Foster, Jodie Foster, Jodie (Alicia Christian Foster), 1962–, American actress, b. Los ...
- Abigail Kelley Foster - Foster, Abigail Kelley Foster, Abigail Kelley, 1810–87, American abolitionist and advocate of ...
- Hannah Webster Foster - Foster, Hannah Webster Foster, Hannah Webster, 1759–1840, American novelist, b. Boston. She ...
- Stephen Collins Foster - Foster, Stephen Collins Foster, Stephen Collins, 1826–64, American songwriter and composer, ...