Faire flèche de tout bois. To turn every event into a cause of
censure. To make whatever wood falls in your path an arrow to discharge
at your adversary.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fleche from Infoplease:
- La Flèche - Flèche, La Flèche, La , town (1990 pop. 16,581), Sarthe dept., on the Loir River. The ...
- spire - spire spire, high, tapering structure crowning a tower and having a general pyramidal outline. The ...
- flèche - flèche: flèche: see spire.
- flèche: meaning and definitions - flèche: Definition and Pronunciation
- Fleche - Fleche Faire flèche de tout bois. To turn every event into a cause of censure. To make ...