(in Hudibras) was Nicholas Fisk, a physician and
astrologer, who used to say that a physician never deserved his bread
till he had no teeth to eat it. In his old age he was almost a beggar.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fisk from Infoplease:
- Fisk: meaning and definitions - Fisk: Definition and Pronunciation
- Fiske: meaning and definitions - Fiske: Definition and Pronunciation
- Willbur Fisk - Fisk, Willbur Fisk, Willbur, 1792–1839, American clergyman and educator, b. Brattleboro, Vt. ...
- James Fisk - Fisk, James Fisk, James, 1834–72, American financial speculator, b. Pownal, Vt. In his youth ...
- James Fisk - James Fisk financial speculator Born: 4/1/1834 Birthplace: Bennington, Vt. Known as the ...