(3 syl.). The name assumed by Imogen in Shakespeare's Cymbeline. Collins has a beautiful elegy on Fidele.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fidele from Infoplease:
- high fidelity: meaning and definitions - high fidelity: Definition and Pronunciation
- Fidel Castro - Castro, Fidel Castro, Fidel (Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz), 1926–, Cuban revolutionary, premier ...
- fidelity: meaning and definitions - fidelity: Definition and Pronunciation
- Fidel Sánchez Hernández - Sánchez Hernández, Fidel Sánchez Hernández, Fidel , 1917–2003, ...
- Fidel - Starring Fidel Castro, Che Guevara, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Alice Walker, Sydney Pollack