A corrupt way of making a capital f in Old English, and
used as low down as 1750; as ffrance for France, ffarrington for
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on ff from Infoplease:
- ff: meaning and definitions - ff: Definition and Pronunciation
- ff - ff A corrupt way of making a capital f in Old English, and used as low down as 1750; as ffrance for ...
- Index - Woman suffrage and politicsby Carrie Chapman Catt and Nettie Rogers Shuler Chronological Record of ...
- The Truth About Love - Starring Jennifer Love Hewitt, Dougray Scott, Jimi Mistry, Branka Katic, Kate Miles
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index feodary feoff feoffee Feosol FEPA FEPC fer FERA ferae naturae feral ferbam Ferber ...