The last of Bluebeard's wives, who was saved from death by the
timely arrival of her brother with a party of friends. Mahomet's
favourite daughter was called Fatima.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fatima from Infoplease:
- Fatima: meaning and definitions - Fatima: Definition and Pronunciation
- Fatima - Fatima Fatima , 616?–633?, daughter of Muhammad by his first wife, Khadija. Fatima was the ...
- Fátima - Fátima Fátima , hamlet, W central Portugal, in Beira Litoral. At the nearby Cova da ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/fatima - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Fatima - Fatima The last of Bluebeard's wives, who was saved from death by the timely arrival of her ...