Father of Waters
The Irawaddy, in Burmah, and the Mississippi, in North America.
The Nile is so called by Dr. Johnson in his Rasselas. (See
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Father of Waters from Infoplease:
- Father of Waters - Father of Waters The Irawaddy, in Burmah, and the Mississippi, in North America. The Nile is so ...
- American Indian Place Names - How various places got their names
- Mississippi - Information on Mississippi — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Sixth Valli - 1. There is that ancient tree, whose roots grow upward and whose branches grow downward;—that indeed is called the Bright, that is called Brahman, tha
- Origin of State Names - Origin of State Names Alabama From Alabama River by early European explorers and named ...