Pietro Sarpi, father of the order of Servites in Venice, who
changed his Christian name when he assumed the religious habit.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Father Paul from Infoplease:
- Father Paul - Father Paul Pietro Sarpi, father of the order of Servites in Venice, who changed his Christian name ...
- Peter III: meaning and definitions - Peter III: Definition and Pronunciation
- Paul Gauguin: Bibliography - See his letters ed. by M. Malingue (tr. 1949); his intimate journals tr. by V. W. Brooks (1958); P. ...
- Ole Juulson KVALE - Ole Juulson KVALE (1869-1929) KVALE, Ole Juulson, (father of Paul John Kvale), a Representative ...
- Dwight Laing ROGERS - Dwight Laing ROGERS (1886-1954) ROGERS, Dwight Laing, (father of Paul G. Rogers), a Representative ...