A farrago of nonsense. A confused heap of nonsense. Farrago is
properly a mixture of far (meal) with other ingredients for the
use of cattle.
“Anquetil was derided ..., for having suffered a farrago of nonsense
to be palmed off upon him by his Parsi teachers as the works of the
sage Zoroaster.” —Whitney: Oriental Studies (Avesta), chap.
vi. p. 184.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Farrago from Infoplease:
- What does it mean? farrago - farrago The speaker unleashed a farrago of conceptual blunders, non sequiturs, and free ...
- farrago: meaning and definitions - farrago: Definition and Pronunciation
- Farrago - Farrago A farrago of nonsense. A confused heap of nonsense. Farrago is properly a mixture of far ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index F, f fa FAA F.A.A.A.S. fab fabaceous fabada Fabergé Fabian Fabianism Fabian ...
- Duck Soup (1933) - Starring Groucho Marx, Harpo Marx, Chico Marx, Zeppo Marx, Margaret Dumont