(1 syl.). Stuffing. Dramatic pieces of no solid worth, but
stuffed full of ludicrous incidents and expressions. They bear the same
analogy to the regular drama as force-meat does to a solid joint.
(French, farce; Latin, farcio, to stuff.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Farce from Infoplease:
- farce - farce farce, light, comic theatrical piece in which the characters and events are greatly ...
- farce: meaning and definitions - farce: Definition and Pronunciation
- Delta Farce - Starring Larry the Cable Guy, Bill Engvall, DJ Qualls, Keith David, Danny Trejo
- Farce - Farce (1 syl.). Stuffing. Dramatic pieces of no solid worth, but stuffed full of ludicrous ...
- farcical: meaning and definitions - farcical: Definition and Pronunciation