(A). A cavalier servant or cicisbeo; one selected by a
married lady to escort her to theatres, etc., to ride about with her,
and to amuse her. The man she “fancies” or likes.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fancy Man from Infoplease:
- fancy man: meaning and definitions - fancy man: Definition and Pronunciation
- Fancy Man - Fancy Man (A). A cavalier servant or cicisbeo; one selected by a married lady to escort her to ...
- Walt Whitman: Song of Myself, Part 16 - I am of old and young, of the foolish as much as the wise, Regardless of others, ever regardful of others, Maternal as well as paternal, a child as we
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index F, f fa FAA F.A.A.A.S. fab fabaceous fabada Fabergé Fabian Fabianism Fabian ...
- Louisa M. Alcott: Aslauga's Knight - It was curious to see the change which came over Dan after that talk. A weight seemed off his mind; and though the old impetuous spirit flashed out at