Not in love.
“In maiden meditation fancy-free.”
Shakespeare: Midsummer Night's Dream,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Fancy-free from Infoplease:
- fancy-free: meaning and definitions - fancy-free: Definition and Pronunciation
- Fancy-free - Fancy-free Not in love. “In maiden meditation fancy-free.” Shakespeare: Midsummer ...
- A. E. Housman: When I was one-and-twenty - When I was one-and-twenty I heard a wise man say, "Give crowns and pounds and guineas But not your heart away; Give pearls away and rubies But keep yo
- The Lassoed Bear - Fantastic Fables by Ambrose Bierce 20 - The Man and the Lightning The Ineffective Rooter - 22 The ...
- Leonard Bernstein - Bernstein, Leonard Bernstein, Leonard , 1918–90, American composer, conductor, and pianist, ...