and Falconet. Pieces of light artillery, the names of
which are borrowed from hawks. (See Saker.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Falcon from Infoplease:
- falcon - falcon falcon, common name for members of the Falconidae, a heterogeneous family of long-winged ...
- Aniello Falcone - Falcone, Aniello Falcone, Aniello , 1607–56, Italian baroque painter of the Neapolitan ...
- William Falconer - Falconer, William Falconer, William , 1732–69, Scottish poet. The victim of a shipwreck off ...
- Falcone - Falcone CBS Midseason debut Tuesday 9:00–10:00 p.m.; canceled Cast: Jason Gedrick, Titus ...
- peregrine falcon: meaning and definitions - peregrine falcon: Definition and Pronunciation