A flea. The pun is F, the initial letter, and sharp because
the bite is acute. (See B Flats.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on F Sharp from Infoplease:
- F Sharp - F Sharp A flea. The pun is F, the initial letter, and sharp because the bite is acute. (See B ...
- sharp: meaning and definitions - sharp: Definition and Pronunciation
- Leo Sowerby - Sowerby, Leo Sowerby, Leo , 1895–1968, American composer and organist, b. Grand Rapids, Mich. ...
- Lemony Snicket's Playlist - Lemony Snicket's Playlist What songs does Lemony Snicket have on his iPod? Lemony Snicket ...
- 2000 Gramophone Awards - 2000 Gramophone Awards The 2000 Gramophone Awards were published in the December 2000 issue of the ...