(Latin, proceeding only from one of the parties). An
ex-parte statement is a one-sided statement, a partial statement, a
statement made by one of the litigants without being modified by the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ex Parte from Infoplease:
- ex parte: meaning and definitions - ex parte: Definition and Pronunciation
- ex parte Merryman - Merryman, ex parte Merryman, ex parte, case decided in 1861 by Chief Justice Roger B. Taney sitting ...
- ex parte Milligan - Milligan, ex parte Milligan, ex parte, case decided by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1866. By ...
- Ex Parte - Ex Parte (Latin, proceeding only from one of the parties). An ex-parte statement is a one-sided ...
- Augustus Hill Garland - Garland, Augustus Hill Garland, Augustus Hill, 1832–99, American lawyer and politician, b. ...