Son of Amadis and Oriana. He is the hero of Montalvo's
continuation of Amadis, called The Fifth Book.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Esplandian from Infoplease:
- Esplandian - Esplandian Son of Amadis and Oriana. He is the hero of Montalvo's continuation of Amadis, ...
- Spanish Place Names - Spanish origins of American place names
- Origin of State Names - Origin of State Names Alabama From Alabama River by early European explorers and named ...
- California - Information on California — map of California, economy, government, culture, flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Oriana - Oriana The beloved of Amadis of Gaul, who called himself Beltenebros when he retired to the Poor ...