the Greek equivalent to Cupid.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Eros from Infoplease:
- Anteros: meaning and definitions - Anteros: Definition and Pronunciation
- Eros, in Greek religion and mythology - Eros Eros , in Greek religion and mythology, god of love. He was the personification of love in all ...
- Eros: meaning and definitions - Eros: Definition and Pronunciation
- Eros - Starring Gong Li, Robert Downey, Jr, Alan Arkin, Ele Keats, Christopher Buchholz
- Ralph Waldo Emerson: Eros - They put their finger on their lip, The Powers above: The seas their islands clip, The moons in ocean dip, They love, but name not love.