John Scotus, called “Scotus the Wise,” who died 886. He must
not be confounded with Duns Scottus the schoolman, who lived some four
centuries after him (1265-1308).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Erigena from Infoplease:
- Erigena: meaning and definitions - Erigena: Definition and Pronunciation
- John Scotus Erigena - Erigena, John Scotus Erigena, John Scotus [Lat. Scotus=Irish, Erigena=born in Ireland], ...
- William Erigena ROBINSON - William Erigena ROBINSON (1814-1892) ROBINSON, William Erigena, a Representative from New York; ...
- Erigena - Erigena John Scotus, called “Scotus the Wise,” who died 886. He must not be confounded ...
- Scotus - Scotus: Scotus: see Erigena, John Scotus; Duns Scotus.