Darkness. The gloomy cavern underground through which the
Shades had to walk in their passage to Hades. “A valley of the shadow
Not Erebus itself were dim enough
To hide thee from prevention.
Shakespeare: Julius Cæsar, ii. 1.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Erebus from Infoplease:
- Mount Erebus - Erebus, Mount Erebus, Mount, volcanic peak, 12,280 ft (3,743 m) high, on Ross Island, in the Ross ...
- Erebus - Erebus Erebus , in Greek religion and mythology, personification of darkness. According to Hesiod, ...
- Erebus: meaning and definitions - Erebus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Erebus - Erebus Darkness. The gloomy cavern underground through which the Shades had to walk in their ...
- Ross Island: meaning and definitions - Ross Island: Definition and Pronunciation