or Elfish. Irritable, peevish, spiteful; full of little
mischievous ways, like the elves. Our superstitious forefathers thought
such persons were actually “possessed” by elves; and elvish-marked is
marked by elves or fairies.
“Thou elvish-marked, abortive, rooting hog.”
Shakespeare: Richard III.,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Elvish from Infoplease:
- elvish: meaning and definitions - elvish: Definition and Pronunciation
- Elvish - Elvish or Elfish. Irritable, peevish, spiteful; full of little mischievous ways, like the elves. ...
- elfish: meaning and definitions - elfish: Definition and Pronunciation
- elvish - elvish: n. 1. The Tengwar of Feanor, a table of letterforms resembling the beautiful Celtic ...
- Gandalf - Biography of Gandalf, Hero of The Lord of the Rings
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring