The most famous dwarf of German romance. He aided the Emperor
Otnit (who ruled over Lombardy) to gain for wife the Soldan's daughter.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Elberich from Infoplease:
- Elberich - Elberich The most famous dwarf of German romance. He aided the Emperor Otnit (who ruled over ...
- Stone of Tongues - Stone of Tongues This was a stone given to Otnit, King of Lombardy, by his father dwarf Elberich, ...
- Dwarf Alberich - Dwarf Alberich (in the Nibelungen Lied) is the guardian of the famous “hoard” won by ...
- Rosse - Rosse (2 syl.). A famous sword which the dwarf Elberich gave to Otwit, King of Lombardy. It struck ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: E - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "E"