The religion of the Moslems. The words mean “the resigning
one's-self to God.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on El Islam from Infoplease:
- El Islam - El Islam The religion of the Moslems. The words mean “the resigning one's-self to ...
- The Koran/Sura XCVI — Thick Blood, or Clots of Blood - The word Sura occurs nine times in the Koran, viz. Sur. ix. 65, 87, 125, 128; xxiv. 1; xlvii. 22 (twice); ii. 21; x. 39; but it is not easy to determi
- The Koran/Sura XXI — The Prophets - In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- The Koran/Sura IX. —Immunity - The "Immunity" is said by some commentators to have formed originally one Sura with the eighth, p.375, and that on this account the usual formula of i
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: E - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "E"