The path apparently described by the sun in his annual course
through the heavens. Eclipses happen only when the moon is in or near
the same plane.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ecliptic from Infoplease:
- ecliptic: meaning and definitions - ecliptic: Definition and Pronunciation
- ecliptic - ecliptic ecliptic , the great circle on the celestial sphere that lies in the plane of the ...
- ecliptic coordinate system - ecliptic coordinate system ecliptic coordinate system, an astronomical coordinate system in which ...
- obliquity of the ecliptic - obliquity of the ecliptic: obliquity of the ecliptic: see inclination.
- Ecliptic - Ecliptic The path apparently described by the sun in his annual course through the heavens. ...