Early to Bed
“Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy,
Lever à cinq, diner à neuf,
Souper à cinq, coucher à neuf,
Font vivre d'ans nonante neuf.
(The older of the two.)
Lever à six, diner à dix,
Super à six, coucher à dix,
Fait vivre I'homme dix fois dix.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Early to Bed from Infoplease:
- Early to Bed - Early to Bed “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.” ...
- What does it mean? - brevity --Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Which of these sayings is the best ...
- Benjamin Franklin - Biography of Benjamin Franklin, The Founding Father who wrote Poor Richard's Almanac
- Cock - Cock Mahomet found in the first heaven a cock of such enormous size that its crest touched the ...
- Bird - Bird An endearing name for girl. And by my word, your bonnie bird In danger shall not tarry; So, ...