Deutsche or German gold. An alloy of copper and zinc, invented by
Prince Rupert of Bavaria.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Dutch Gold from Infoplease:
- Dutch gold: meaning and definitions - Dutch gold: Definition and Pronunciation
- Dutch Gold - Dutch Gold Deutsche or German gold. An alloy of copper and zinc, invented by Prince Rupert of ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Dutch Dutch 200 Dutch auction Dutch Belted Dutch bob Dutch Borneo Dutch chair ...
- Dutch Auction - Dutch Auction An “auction ” in which the bidders decrease their bids till they come to ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: D - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "D"